Experiments in home decorating, DIYing, and vintage furniture collecting.

A simple, serene student apartment at Northwestern

| On
June 02, 2015


My friend Gill rented a simple student apartment on Northwestern's campus and transformed it with restraint and thoughtful accessories. I love how it is serene, filled with light, and decorated with vibrant green plants - not just flowers, but living, air-cleaning trees, shrubs and other greens that need love, care, attention and regular watering.






It's inspired me to add a few plants to my apartment, despite my past track record of killing them off (there's a trail of orchid bodies in my wake of plant failures). I'm now the proud owner of a hydrangea bush and a new orchid that make me feel like it's springtime in Chicago even though it was 29 degrees today... 


Did you love this post? If yes, please follow me on Bloglovin' or join the email list for updates.