Experiments in home decorating, DIYing, and vintage furniture collecting.

A perfect (and really affordable) writing desk

| On
September 27, 2015


This is my creative workspace where I write, paint, craft, put on my makeup, and drink my coffee while daydreaming in the morning. Having a dedicated space in our apartment to do all of those things was really important to me, and finding a stylish modern desk that would fit a little nook in our living room - and stand up to my acrylic paints and eyeliner faux pas - was challenging. 

I found this great white table on casters at CB2 and bought it immediately (and loved it so much that I also bought the coffee table version in grey for our TV stand). It's super versatile and sturdy, and looks great with one of my vintage dining chairs modernized with gray velvet upholstery fabric and a cream Mongolian fur pillow.


This jack-of-all-trades desk helps keep me organized - it's the perfect spot to keep thank you notes and stamps handy, and is a landing pad for my notebook of creative ideas. I also keep my favorite candle handy and a little dish to collect wayward jewelry that I want to remember to wear!

(In full disclosure, right now this desk is a complete mess, covered in Amazon Prime packages, my clutch from last night, and a pile of bills and mail that need to be sorted and handled. So, I am sitting on the couch right now but enjoying these photos of that time my desk was actually neat and organized!)






Did you love this post? If yes, please follow me on Bloglovin' or join the email list for updates.